Companions For Life Pet Rescue
Find Us On Facebook
Looking for something special? Check Out Our Shop
Pet Secure Pet Insurance
Where are we??
Companions For Life is located at Portland, NSW, Australia. Click here for more information.
Looking for that great family pet???
Give me a call and have a chat about your new family member!
Call Andrea on 0418171896
Dogs for Rural Areas
Do you live on acreage and are looking for a dog who is suitable (or used to) rural living?
Our dogs in care (big and small) are able to be tested with the variety of livestock (eg feathered and furry) prior to being adopted.
For Guardian breeds please see our Maremma Rescue Page or if your interested in a smaller house dog that is good on acreage and trustworthy around stock, just give me a call on 02 6355 5004 or 0418171896 (evenings are best) to discuss your situation and what your looking for.
All dogs are wormed and treated for fleas on arrival.
They are all desexed (no exceptions), vaccinated, microchipped, on heart worm prevention and groomed (with notice) before being rehoused.
For more information on any of the dogs listed on this page,
call Andrea on Mobile 0418 171896,
email [email protected]
Before getting a new dog.....
Some things to consider...
We aim to place each of our dogs in a loving, permanent home. We spend a lot of time and energy assessing each dog's needs and working on matching each dog with the right family.
THINK ABOUT IT!
Dogs can live from 8-21 years depending on the breed.
Adopting a dog is like adopting a child, it should be for Life.
• If you are considering a puppy do you have the time available to train it?
• Are you really ready to take on the extra responsibility?
• If you don't own your house, are you allowed to keep pets?
• Dogs need a regular routine – are you able to offer this every day?
• Do you work? Will the dog regularly be left for several hours or long periods?
• Have you added up the financial costs of owning a dog?
• Is anyone that will be living with the dog allergic to or scared of dogs?
• Does everyone in your family want a dog?
• Do you have time for a dog? Will the dog be an inside or outside dog?
• Do you have any other pets that might not get on with the dog?
• Are you aware of the legal responsibilities of owning a dog?
Please spend some time to think about your decision
Owning a dog can be a very rewarding experience and most of all it should be fun! With fun however, comes responsibility. It is up to you to ensure that you give your dog or puppy the best start in your life together and that you continue to be a responsible dog owner so that your dog can enjoy a long, happy and healthy life.
Adoption Fees help to reimburse some of our costs incurred whilst doing rescue, eg costs of desexing, other vet operations (eg entropian, haematomas, removal of other lumps and bumps, etc), vaccinations, microchipping, heartworm testing, teeth cleaning, feeding, medications, etc.
If your interested in a companion dog or a Maremma Sheepdog or other breed of Livestock Guardian (either from me or elsewhere), I'm always happy to discuss them if you wish to call. I may be able to help guide you in your choice